|Brighter Future, Inc.
A Non-Profit Organization
"We cannot change your past, but we can impact your future"
713-283-0249 or 281-650-1067
|PARENT READING PROGRAM
LEAD TOMORROW PROGRAM
Parents Reading to Preschoolers
Brighter Future Read Today Lead Tomorrow
Program is designed to help parents and guardians get their preschool age students’ prepared for academic
• Once a week for 90 Minutes
• Parents are provided with Children’s Book and lending Library
• Teach Parents some parental skills and valuable free community resources
Supportive Quotes from Experts;
CHILDREN WHO ARE READ TO EARLY AND REGULARLY BY PARENTS OR FAMILY MEMBER EXPERIENCE
BOOSTS IN LITERACY DEVELOPMENT, SOCIAL EMOTIONAL GAINS AND INCREASED LIKELIHOOD OF
OVERALL SCHOOL SUCCESS. (WWW.CHILDTRENDS.ORG)
Ways to Help Your Child Become Interested in Reading
1. Set aside time to read with your child every day. Spend time reading together just before
bed and take turns reading out loud with younger children.
2. Make reading a daily part of life, including reading road signs, recipes and directions out
3. Set goals, such as challenging your child to read three books over Christmas break.
4. Spend at least an hour a week at the library.
5. Set an example—seeing you read will encourage your child to do the same
6. Pay attention to what your child is interested in, and encourage him or her to read books on
7. Actively encourage children to read and congratulate them on their progress.
8. Surround your children with reading material
9. Teaching young children to recognize the letters of the alphabet is a big boost to reading
10. Talking with your child about a book or story helps him develop vocabulary